Five Horizons offers free and confidential rapid testing for HIV and HCV (Hepatitis C). Tests are provided in our office and at community testing events.
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test - Available at no cost.
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is a rapid in vitro qualitative test for the detection of antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 and Type 2 in human whole blood, fingerstick blood, or plasma. Results are available in as little as 60 seconds.
Five Horizons Prevention Philosophy
Five Horizons offers HIV/AIDS prevention education services to all individuals and entities in East Mississippi. Specific target groups:
- Students in East Mississippi colleges, universities, and public schools,
- individuals at high risk for HIV infection due to multiple sex partners and needle use,
- individuals who reside in areas in which HIV infection rates are high.
The goals of these prevention efforts are to:
- Provide factual information about HIV/AIDS.
- Help individuals understand their personal risk level within their community.
- Provide information on how to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- Encourage individuals to make thoughtful, responsible choices about their behavior to significantly reduce their risk of HIV infection.
To maximize effectiveness of the prevention programs, there must be repetition of the prevention message, the message must be age-appropriate, and the program must include information on changing behavior and skills-building.
To schedule a prevention session, contact Jamil Dawson at email@example.com.
Free Condom Dispenser Location
We have a number of dispensers around the Golden Triangle area where you can find FREE standard condoms.
Look for them in the following establishments:
- Rick's Cafe
- Hobie's on Main (Tiki Bar & State Theater)
- Fountain Bar
- Mojo Maroons
- Arepas Coffee & Bar
Have a business in the area and want to get a Five Horizons condom dispenser? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.