Develop or enhance evidence-based and innovative platforms to serve and retain individuals in need of PrEP and other prevention services.
Strategies for achieving Goal 1:
- Provide novel methods of PrEP/nPEP progam implementation via telemedicine, technology-based applications, or same-day PrEP/PEP initiation.
- Develop PrEP/nPEP services in traditional or nontraditional settings.
Expand the role of FHHS in high-risk Tuscaloosa communities as a service hub for comprehensive and holistic HIV prevention services.
Strategies for achieving Goal 2:
- Screen, refer, link, prescribe and track adherence to PrEP for HIV negative persons at high risk for HIV infection interested in PrEP and nPEP .
- Refer HIV-negative persons at risk for HIV infection to other essential support services, to include screening and active referrals for healthcare benefits, behavioral health, and medical and social and support services (e.g., social determinants of health).
Implement a set of accessible, tailored, evidence-based education strategies through FHHS Staff and the Campus Coordinator.
Strategy for achieving Goal 3:
- Increase awareness of and competence for HIV prevention, PrEP, or nPEP through trainings, outreach events, and educational resources.