Five Horizons Prevention Philosophy
Five Horizons offers HIV/AIDS prevention education services to all individuals and entities in West Alabama. Specific target groups:
- Five Horizons offers HIV/AIDS prevention education services to all individuals and entities in West Alabama. Specific target groups:
- Students in West Alabama colleges, universities, and public schools
- Individuals at high risk for HIV infection due to multiple sex partners and needle use
- Individuals who reside in areas in which HIV infection rates are high
The goals of these prevention efforts are to:
- Provide factual information about HIV/AIDS
- Help empower individuals to understand the factors of their sex lives that necessitate more frequent testing
- Provide information on how to prevent the spread of HIV
To maximize effectiveness of the prevention programs, there must be repetition of the prevention message, the message must be age-appropriate, and the program must include information on changing behavior and skills-building.
To schedule a prevention session, contact Ann James at email@example.com.
Five Horizons HIV Testing
Five Horizons offers free and confidential rapid testing for HIV. Tests are provided in 3 different ways:
1. Take home/self-test
2. Curbside test
3. Traditional on-site testing
Call or text 205-860-0111 to set up the test.
Types of tests used:
The OraQuick Rapid HIV-1 Antibody Test - Available at no cost.
OraQuick uses a mouth swab. Results are provided in 20 minutes.
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test - Available at no cost.
The INSTI® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Antibody Test is a rapid in vitro qualitative test for detecting antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 and Type 2 in human whole blood, fingerstick blood, or plasma. Results are available in as little as 60 seconds.
Five Horizons offers mobile testing. To request us to set up on-site for testing, contact Katherine Waldon at firstname.lastname@example.org